SAFEWAY HEART OF SAFEWAY PLEDGE SWEEPSTAKES
OCTOBER 2, 2012 THROUGH OCTOBER 31, 2012
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- NO PLEDGE NECESSARY. A PLEDGE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. To enter the Safeway CSR Sweepstakes, each entrant must be a legal U.S. or Canada residents (excluding Florida, New York and Québec). To be eligible, entrants must also be eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of October 2, 2012.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on October 2, 2012 at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on October 31, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the "Sweepstakes Period"), after which time the Sweepstakes will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted for this Sweepstakes. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- TO ENTER: Safeway customers ("Entrant") will automatically be entered when they submit a pledge statement for the Heart of Safeway Pledge program and enter all required registration information ("Entry") during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants can submit a Heart of Safeway pledge statement at www.safeway.com/csrpledge. Neither Safeway Inc. ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., nor their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or the directors, officers, employees or agencies, nor any of their respective partners (collectively, the "Sponsor Affiliates") are responsible for any lost, or delayed entries. Limit one entry per customer.
- NO PLEDGE METHOD: To enter the Sweepstakes without making a pledge statement, during the Sweepstakes Period, on a plain 3” x 5” piece of paper, entrants may hand print their complete name, address, city, state, zip code and phone number. Entrants must mail their completed entries in a hand-addressed stamped #10 envelope, to: The Heart of Safeway Pledge Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 889, Monrovia, CA 91017 USA. Each mail-in entry must be postmarked by October 31, 2012, and received by November 7, 2012. Limit one entry per envelope.
- GRAND PRIZES: Fifty (50) Grand Prizes – a $100 Safeway Inc. gift card. Total Value of all Grand Prizes is USD $5,000.
- WINNERS: Grand Prize Winners will be selected in random drawings starting on or about November 14, 2012, from among all eligible entries received. Drawings will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Canadian winners will be required to answer an unaided time-limited arithmetic skill-testing question as a condition to receiving a prize. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Winners must comply with these Official Rules as published. The potential prize winners will be notified by phone, email and/or mail and asked for address and age prior to awarding of prizes. Failure to comply with these requirements or return of prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize, with an alternate winner selected. All aspects of the prizes are NON-TRANSFERABLE and no substitutions are allowed. The confirmed winner’s prize will be shipped within six to eight (6-8) weeks after verification. Limit one prize per Safeway customer.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: THE FOLLOWING TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY: In the event this Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, including human error, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Sweepstakes, and in such event, to select winners by random drawing from among all valid entries received. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Prize winners are solely responsible for any local, state, federal or employee taxes resulting from winning and accepting a prize. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Alameda County, California, United States of America.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the U.S. or Canada (excluding Florida, New York and Québec). To be eligible, entrants must also be eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of October 2, 2012. Employees of Safeway Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and the directors, officers, employees or agencies, their respective partners and prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sponsor Affiliates”), and members of their immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, “steps”, or grandchildren of each regardless of where they live) and members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. This Sweepstakes is void in Florida, New York, Québec, and where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable federal, municipal, state and local laws and regulations.
- ENTRANTS, BY THEIR PARTICIPATION, AND WINNERS, IN ACCEPTING THEIR PRIZES, AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND THE SPONSOR AFFILIATES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND LIABILITIES AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AGAINST THE SPONSOR AND/OR THE SPONSOR AFFILIATES INCLUDING ANY ACCIDENT, LOSS, INJURY OR DEATH OCCURRING FROM THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PRIZES OR USE/MISUSE THEREOF OR WHILE TRAVELING TO AND/OR FROM A LOCATION TO OBTAIN OR USE A PRIZE.
- No responsibilities are accepted for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing, or acts of any government or authority.
- Winners, in accepting their prizes, consent to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade and promoting in any and all media on behalf of the Sponsor, without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
- To receive a copy of the Winners’ List / Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Heart of Safeway Sweepstakes Winners/Rules Request, P.O. Box 889, Monrovia, CA 91017 USA. Requests must be postmarked by January 17, 2013 and received by January 24, 2012. Canadians need not include a self-addressed inner envelope; just include a 3x5 card with their name and complete address.
- The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Safeway Inc., 5918 Stoneridge Mall Rd., Pleasanton, CA 94588 USA.